TrustyShellback

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish." (Isaiah 41:10-11)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Orange, Connecticut, United States

Vote Republican. Life is better in a RED state. / Occupation: Real Estate Broker (Connecticut) / Air War College (04 Jun 1997) Maxwell AFB, AL / Master of Business Administration (1995) at UNH / Master of Public Administration (1995) at UNH / Air Command and Staff College (20 Sep 1988) / Squadron Officer School (17 Mar 1986) / Lieutenant - USNR (retired) / USS America (CV-66) / Bachelor of Arts (1976) in Spanish at SCSU / Emergency Medical Technican (EMT) / Commercial Driver's License (CDL Class AM) / Private Pilot: Airplane Single and Multi-engine Land and Sea (ASMLS) / Thesis (University of New Haven) entitled "U.S. Aerospace Policy in the New Global Economy: The Need for a Definitive National Space Strategy" / NAUI SCUBA diver / Lieutenant Colonel - Civil Air Patrol /

Thursday, April 26, 2007

General Orders of a Sentry

General Orders of a Sentry

The General Orders for Marines are as follows:

01. Take charge of this post and all government property in view.

02. Walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

03. Report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

04. Repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.

05. Quit my post only when properly relieved.

06. Receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Officer of the Day, Officers, and Non-Commissioned Officers of the guard only.

07. Talk to no one except in the line of duty.

08. To give the alarm in case or fire or disorder

09. Call the Corporal of the Guard in any case not covered by instructions.

10. Salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.

11. Be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home